SPONSOR A CHILD
GIVE HOPE TO A CHILD, THEIR FAMILY, AND A WHOLE GENERATION OF LEPROSY AFFECTED COMMUNITIES
Within a leprosy colony, poor diet, unclean water, and unsanitary conditions makes these children very vulnerable to contracting leprosy. Social stigma, street begging, trafficking, and abuse put the children further at risk; thus the vicious effects of extreme poverty and leprosy continue for generations.
For less than a dollar a day, your contribution to the Sponsor A Child Program helps support each student that attends our school. By sponsoring a child, you do more than just offer financial support – you create a personal connection with your child, and that bond provides encouragement to the growing student.
FOR LESS THAN A DOLLAR A DAY
Start sponsoring a child for just $30 a month (or $360 a year).
WHAT DOES EACH RISING STAR STUDENT RECEIVE?
Rising Star Outreach focuses on the whole child by providing for physical, social, emotional, and educational needs.
Complete Education, K-12
Leadership & Values Instruction
Physical & Social Development
Clean and Safe Housing
Caring House Mothers
Uniforms and Play Clothes
Consistent Medical Care
Annual Dentist Visits
MARCH MADNESS REFERAL CHALLENGE IS HERE!
We are giving away 2 tickets to Disney World plus 2 roundtrip airfair tickets to Orlando, Florida to one lucky winner!
Do you have what it takes to win this challenge?
We are excited to announce our first-ever Sponsor a Child referral competition!
We would like to invite all our sponsors to think about what friends, family, and associates would be interested in sponsoring a child at Rising Star Outreach. With our education program expanding to the northern regions of India, we are counting on you to assist us in its success!
While every new sponsor makes a difference for our students, we will be offering the grand prize to the sponsor who initiates the most, new sponsorships in the month of March (must initiate at least 5).
We hope this becomes a memorable experience for you and your family as you embark on this competition for a cuase.
Claim Your Referrals
To keep tallies on referrals, we ask you to do one of the following:
- Ask your friends to write your full name in the referral box option found when signing up for a new sponsorship online
- Ask your friends to tell us your name when they sign up via phone call
Our education program is now in Bihar, the most leprosy dense state in India. We are supporting a school called Little Flower and are making plans for a new campus nearby!
We currently have 187 students without any sponsors at the Little Flower school. Our student numbers will continue to grow, especially once our new campus is built.
Sponsors help create sustainable and effective education programs at Rising Star Outreach. In order to accept more students at our schools, we need more sponsors.
*Due to the difference in their development, the Bihar Child Sponsorship and Tamil Nadu Child Sponsorship programs are nonidentical. While becoming a sponsor for Bihar may result in less communication with your sponsored child than those in Tamil Nadu, you will be making a substantial impact.
HOW TO FIND SPONSORSHIP REFERRALS:
Here are some ideas of what you can share in person or on your social media and talk about with those you know regarding the Sponsor a Child program:
- The connection you or your family has made with your sponsored child
- Share the Facebook Event page (link) with your friends
- How your personal outlook or perspective on life has changed through sponsoring a child
- The holistic approach of the Sponsor a Child program as it provides educational, medical, and developmental services to children
- Tell them that you want to win a trip to Disney World and you need their help to get there ;)
Disclaimer & Tickets Regulations
Disney World Tickets regulations: Two – One-Day Park Hopper tickets (Value $338 before tax)
- These tickets are valid at the Walt Disney World Resort in Central Florida during normal operating hours (except from December 25-31) and provide admission to a magical experience at one or more of our unique theme parks on the same day: Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Parking is not included.
- The recipient of these tickets may not sell or exchange them for anything of value.
- These tickets have no cash value. Complimentary tickets cannot be upgraded nor can they be applied towards a package to meet eligibility requirements.
- Restrictions can be found on the back of the enclosed tickets. Please note that these tickets expire December 26, 2021.
- We cannot provide replacements for lost or expired tickets.
- These tickets cannot be used from December 25-31 and are not valid for events requiring separate admission. Theme park admission is subject to capacity constraints.
- Airfare tickets with JetBlue offer free carry-on bags, but any checked luggage will cost extra
- JetBlue tickets may not work any day of the year–it depends on how many ticket vouchers have been used…
READY. SET. GO!
PROVIDING A QUALITY EDUCATION FOR A CLASS OF RISING STARS
One of the fastest and most effective ways to overcome the fear and stigma associated with leprosy is through education. The Peery Matriculation School for Rising Stars provides an education from Kindergarten to 12th grade.
About 20% of our student body is comprised of children from surrounding villages. By integrating children from the communities with children from the leprosy colonies, we are seeing how fear and stigma are overcome when they are united in common goals.
Quality educators provide our students with a rigorous academic program that includes English, science, math, and computer technology.
The students enrolled in our school this year are preparing to be future leaders in India as they learn life skills and develop self-reliance in an environment that fosters principles of honesty, kindness and service.
Rising Star Outreach provides a clean and cheerful sanctuary staffed by loving caregivers committed to the well-being and growth of the children.
Because the colonies are spread out over a wide area, it is necessary for the children to board at the school. These children are watched over and cared for by house mothers as if they were their own children.
Our students are provided daily educational and developmental activities, and the opportunity to simply play. They are also afforded an opportunity to learn personal and group responsibility.
After school, the children enjoy activities in sports, music, dance, crafts, and more, contributing to a well-rounded education.
Many of the children arrive at Rising Star Outreach malnourished. We provide healthy meals three times daily, as well as nutritious snacks.
The quality and abundance of the food makes a huge difference in the well-being of each child, both physically and emotionally.
Rising Star Outreach provides for all the children’s medical and dental care, including vaccinations, hygiene education, and bi-annual check-ups.
Having a clinic on our school campus with doctors and nurses allows for immediate care for unexpected illnesses or accidents.
“When I grow up…”
Earlier this year we asked our 1st grade class a simple question, “What do you want to be when you grow up?”
While their answers may seem familiar, without intervention, they would likely be forced into a lifestyle of begging and exile.
But because of sponsors like you, these kids have a safe place to live and get an education – so for the first time in history, they have the opportunity to become whatever they want when they grow up.
FOR OUR CURRENT SPONSORS
Our online Sponsorship Module will allow sponsors to stay better connected with their child.
Here are some of the features:
- Access our secure login portal to update personal contact and billing information.
- See the most recent updates on your sponsored child.
- View a timeline and photos of the important life events of your child.
- Have a more interactive and satisfying sponsoring experience.
COMMUNICATION WITH YOUR SPONSORED CHILD
We encourage sponsors to write their children often as the children love hearing from their sponsors and hearing about their families. With the students focused primarily on their studies, you should expect a letter from your sponsored child once or twice a year.
There are a few ways that you can keep in contact:
- You can send an email to your sponsored child at: email@example.com.
- You can mail a letter for your sponsored child to our Provo office at: 3521 N. University Ave. Ste. #250, Provo, UT 84604.
- You can video chat with your sponsored child. To set up your video call email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will regularly update a private instragram account where you can see your sponsored child and their classmates.
- We will send quarterly mailings to you as a sponsor with updates on the students and the program.
- We will send a monthly e-newsletter to share exciting news about the students on our campus.
When sending correspondence to your sponsored child, remember to include his or her name and standard (grade) on the envelope or subject line. This will help us ensure that we deliver your mail to the right child in a timely manner.
CAN I SEND GIFTS TO THE CHILD I SPONSOR?
Yes, we encourage all our sponsors to send gifts if they would like to. You can send a gift to your sponsored child through our Amazon India Wish List! The gift you buy onine will be sent directly to the Rising Star Outreach of India campus – usually within a week or two. Visit https://amzn.to/30o8DZy to see wishlists for each grade level.
Gifts from sponsors to their children are placed at the Star Store on campus. Children can cash in “stars” earned from good behavior for prizes, which includes gifts from you! The Star Store program encourages good work-ethic, goal-setting, and accountability, while ensuring equity in how the children are rewarded for their efforts.
While there are many gifts to choose from at our Amazon wishlist, you can look at other options found on Amazon India. By doing so, your gift can arrive in a timely manner without large shipping costs. There are a few limitations on what you can send (such as battery operated toys and books with inappropriate content). If you choose to send a gift, please email the gift details to our Sponsor a Child Manager, Aubrey, at email@example.com to ensure it gets to your sponsored child.
Birthday & Holiday Donations
Each child’s birthday is celebrated at Rising Star Outreach. If the sponsor sends a monetary birthday donation, it goes into a birthday fund for all of the children. This fund provides a treat for the child to share with all of their classmates on their birthday. It also provides gifts for the birthday box where each child selects a small gift on their birthday.
Holiday donations can be made anytime throughout the year. All holiday donations go into a fund that pays for special treats, dinners, and gifts to celebrate holidays in India.
To send a birthday or holiday donation, click here.
Ready to make a difference?
Sign up to become a sponsor today!
3521 N. UNIVERSITY AVE, STE 250
PROVO, UT 84604